After spending an hour yesterday afternoon exploring Kalamazoo video for our Absolute Michigan station on chime.tv, I decided to check out the slideshow of 10,000+ photos tagged “kalamazoo” on Flickr. After spending entirely too long with some really amazing photos and photographers, I have the following to report:
- puja has a lot of photos near the top. This is not by chance.
- I think that Kalamazoo in Photos by Erin Dorbin is probably a pretty cool book. Call it a hunch.
- I’m really surprised that there aren’t more photos of the Mirrored Building.
- It’s been too long since I’ve seen a show at Club Soda.
- I think I want that bike too. Or a moped.
- How many other cities actually produce a recognized sign of spring?
- Kalamazoo has some great old houses. And buildings. And restaurants and shops. It’s interesting to see the interplay between old and new.
- There’s no way I have the time this morning to explore the Kalamazoo Group, but I have to say their group description is great.
- That Kalamazoo Promise thing could be so big. Imagine – education as a birthright.