This morning, for the first time in a long time, I had the chance to sit down for a few hours with coffee and my computer to wander around the Michigan photosphere and think about what to write on Michigan in Pictures today.
One of the first things I read was Sculpture city in ‘misunderestimated’ Michigan that looks at how Michigan is quietly growing as a destination for tourists of all kinds with landmarks like Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids.
Bouncing around in my head was how rainy this summer has been, making things tough for outdoor events like this weekend’s*…
- Epicurean Classic in St. Joseph
- Chrysler Arts, Beats & Eats in Detroit
- Michigan State Fair in Detroit
- and (where I’m still going to go later today) the first-ever Traverse City Microbrew & Music Festival in Traverse City
- I can’t even imagine what this afternoon’s Cherry Roubaix bike race will be like though!
I’ll keep singing “rain, rain, go away” for all these folks and if it doesn’t I’ll try and take comfort in the fact that it’s boosting lake levels and hope that people will remember that rain is good, hunt down their rain gear and still show up to support folks who are working to build more fun stuff in Michigan!
* Note: these events all came from the Absolute Michigan Event Calendar