Eddie Abbott shared this photo in the Macomb County Memories group on Facebook, saying:
1915: Dodge Main; The Dodge Brothers’ Factory complex was built on a 30 acre site in rural Hamtramck in 1910 and featured a test track and hill climb adjacent to the manufacturing plant. Within a decade, it employed 20,000 workers and produced 145,000 cars, making the Dodge nameplate on of the most popular in the country and transforming Hamtramck into an automotive boom town along the lines of Highland Park. Five years after the brother’s deaths, their widows sold the company to a New York investment firm for $146 million, which in turn sold it to Walter P. Chrysler.
Head over to AllPar for a lot more about Dodge Main and some cool photos courtesy the Chrysler Club!
More Throwback Thursdays (#TBT) on Michigan in Pictures!