With over 3,000 miles of Great Lakes coastline and countless inland lake beaches, Michigan could well be called The Beach State. Starting tomorrow, the folks at Pure Michigan will seek to make that case on social media with the 10-day Pure Michigan Instagram Challenge.
The goal is to showcase the variety of beaches in Michigan and activities you can enjoy there. Each day of the contest features a different topic for your Instagram or Twitter photo:
- June 20 – Favorite Beach to Catch a Sunrise or Sunset
- June 21 – Favorite Dog-Friendly Beach
- June 22 – Favorite State Park Beach
- June 23 – Favorite Beach to Fly a Kite
- June 24 – Favorite Beach for Watersports
- June 25 – Favorite Beach for Fishing from the Shore or Dock
- June 26 – Favorite Beach to Experience Clear Waters
- June 27 – Favorite Beach to Take a Long Walk
- June 28 – Favorite Beach to Hang Out with Family and Friends
- June 29 – Favorite Beach to Watch Fireworks
Head over to the Michigan Beach Challenge website for more info about how to enter and tag your photos and to see photos once the contest gets rolling. Feel free anytime to share your photos at #michpics too!
Lots more Michigan beaches on Michigan in Pictures.