The Beginning of an Amazing Sunset, photo by oni_one_
With over 3,000 miles of Great Lakes coastline and countless inland lake beaches, Michigan could well be called The Beach State. Starting tomorrow, the folks at Pure Michigan will seek to make that case on social media with the 10-day Pure Michigan Instagram Challenge.
The goal is to showcase the variety of beaches in Michigan and activities you can enjoy there. Each day of the contest features a different topic for your Instagram or Twitter photo:
- June 20 – Favorite Beach to Catch a Sunrise or Sunset
- June 21 – Favorite Dog-Friendly Beach
- June 22 – Favorite State Park Beach
- June 23 – Favorite Beach to Fly a Kite
- June 24 – Favorite Beach for Watersports
- June 25 – Favorite Beach for Fishing from the Shore or Dock
- June 26 – Favorite Beach to Experience Clear Waters
- June 27 – Favorite Beach to Take a Long Walk
- June 28 – Favorite Beach to Hang Out with Family and Friends
- June 29 – Favorite Beach to Watch Fireworks
Head over to the Michigan Beach Challenge website for more info about how to enter and tag your photos and to see photos once the contest gets rolling. Feel free anytime to share your photos at #michpics too!
View Sarah’s photo from Miners Beach in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore bigger and see more on her Instagram page. If you scroll down there’s more from her road trip to the Pictured Rocks!
Lots more Michigan beaches on Michigan in Pictures.
Thankful for what we are blessed with here…, photo by oni_one_
One of the neatest things for me about online photography and social media is how things come together in a synchronistic fashion sometimes. Yesterday, I posted a photo by Shawn Malone from above at Miners Castle of the frozen expanse of Lake Superior. For everyone who wondered what things were looking like at beach level, here you go!
Sarah took this pic yesterday at Miners Beach in the Pictured Rocks. View her photo bigger and see more on her Instagram.
Pure Relaxation, photo by Jessie Eileen
We interrupt this winter to bring you a special announcement from summer:
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
View Jessie’s photo of Miner’s Beach at the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore background big and see more in her dreamy Upper Peninsula: Summer 2006 slideshow.
More summer & summer wallpaper on Michigan in Pictures